All of the Gang...

All of the Gang...

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mac n' Cheese SCORE!

So... I have become a coupon / bargain FREAK.  I think you have to be with a family as big as ours with only one income.  I usually have to mentally prepare for my trip to the grocery store two, sometimes three days in advance.  Unfortunately, we were running short on the three staples:  bread, milk and eggs.  So this morning while our older sons were at Sunday School I made a quick trip and couldn't believe what I came upon....Kraft Mac n' Cheese......CHEAP!  There was a display case with their new Cheesey Extreme and with coupons attached to the display case for 55 cents off the purchase of two.  They were also on sale so that if you bought 10 of them they were 49 cents each.  No....could this be FREE CRAFT MAC N' CHEESE? (King Soopers doubles coupons up to $1 so it would've been $1 off 2 boxes that are 49 cents each!)  My heart was racing...could this be???  I stopped an employee walking by and she couldn't grasp the idea of me using more than one coupon.   "Um, it's 55 cents off two, not ten."  She clearly was not coupon savy...so I ripped off 5 of the coupons from the display case and headed to the register.  To my dismay they would only allow three of the coupons to be used in one transaction but in order to get the 49 cents per box price I had to purchase 10 in one transaction....BUT they were still only 20 cents a box!  So...needless to say, on the way home from picking the boys up from Sunday School we made one more stop at King Soopers and I bought 10 more boxes using three coupons and then Sutton bought 10 boxes using three coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment