All of the Gang...

All of the Gang...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer Smoothies!


  With having six children we are always trying to find something different, healthy and of course easy to fix that the kids will love.  With the exception of Thursdays, which are designated for muffins, I usually let the boys choose what they want for breakfast and every morning tends to be the same:  Cheerios.  I felt the need to mix things up a little today so this morning when I opened the fridge, I just started grabbing things.  Our boys love blueberries.  We will go through a 5lb. box in less than five days.  I also looked at the over-ripe bananas that I had.  I had one too many for a loaf of banana bread, so I snatched up one of those.  Again, with a family as large as ours, we often buy things in larger containers than that of the typical family.  I grabbed the large tub of yogurt that had just enough left in it for one person, but not worth starting a riot over because there wasn't enough for everyone.  The end product, a drinkable breakfast that everyone loved!

Ingredients:
1/2 c. blueberries
1/2 c. strawberies
1 ripe banana
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1 tsp. honey
2 c. milk
Add all ingredients to blender and blend until banana is well chopped up. (about 30-45 seconds)

No comments:

Post a Comment